Sunday, April 10, 2011

Abraham Lincoln said once, "All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother."

"Rachael! What happened to your foot?"

Best lines of the week: 

My parents abuse me. 
 I hit a sick jump while snowboarding, crashed midway with the love of my life, and  he carried me the rest of the way down the slope. 
  
I jumped through the middle of a wooden volcano at the wooden park while making an election video..

(not nearly as exciting as the snowboarder but, whatever)
enjoy:
Before.
Day One.
Day Two.

Day Three.
Day Four. 
Day Five. 
Day Six.





Dear Mom, 
I have no idea how I could have gotten through this week without you.
Thank you for listening to me as I bawled to you on the phone after it happened, I had no idea how I was going to get through my already stressed week: thank you for believing in me. You have that fresh vanilla smell, warm chocolate chip cookie on a rainy day, familiar bed time story,  old teddy bear comfort that only a mother could have.
Thank you for starting my car in the mornings, feeding me breakfast, helping me get dressed, and running to wall mart at two in the morning to buy otter pops.
Thank you for understanding my life. I have never felt so close to you, and it is the best feeling in the world to know that I can come home from school and tell you just about everything. 
Thank you for
"Marvelous Mondays"
"Terrific Tuesdays"
"Wonderful Wednesdays"
"Thorough Thursdays"
"Fantastic Fridays"
"Super Saturdays"
and "Sabbath Sundays"
I love you.
-Rachael. 


Build a relationship with your parents. I have been a little late in doing so, but it is worth it: I promise. 
Don't forget ladies: There will be a million and one guys who will pass through your life, but your family is always going to be around. Maybe one day, when that boy asks you to go on a date, turn him down, just this once. Go out for a yogurt with Mom, sit through a football game with Dad. 


Have a lovely winter *ahem, spring break, be safe, and don't forget who matters most.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Rachael, welcome to the blog world! Send me your email and I'll send you an invite to our blog:) love you. Love your blog. Love your life:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rachel that looks painful!!! Hope you are feeling better, so glad that you have a blog!
    -Naoma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poor poor foot. I am deeply sorry. It makes me so sad. But in the end, you have learned a wonderful lesson? Stay positive my dear. :) it will be better soon!

    ReplyDelete