The tarantula does have a venomous bite, but its venom is designed to take down prey smaller than itself. The bite of a pet tarantula is similar to that of a bee sting. If you are bitten by your spider clean the wound and use antiseptic to prevent any infections that may occur. The bite may throb and ache for a while and in some cases there may be nausea and fever. If you are bitten and are afraid you may be having an allergic reaction make sure you receive medical attention as soon as possible. This is especially important if you are allergic to bee stings.
I will live through this, right?